CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Defected Head on the comfort control panel

jamesg

I replaced my compressor and the computer continues to shut my AC or compressor down stating low on refrig when I press the HI bottom on the comfort control head. I test the level of refrig and it is normal. Do any one know what the problem is? I was told it was the Head on the cofort control panel that cause the cmpressor to read low on refrig and shut off the compressor. Dye was placed on the new lines and the compressor, no leaks.

v/r

James

My AC was retrofitted and Refrig converted over. When the mechanic disconnect the battery cable which you have to do to get the refrig to go into the caddy, the readings tell us it is full. Once again the compressor shuts off when you press the Hi button for the AC stating very low on refrig. I go into the Monitoring Diagnostic system and reset or clear the code. The heater and defrost wroks fine on Econo. However if I push the Hi button for the heater or the defrost, a msg comes up compressor off and vey low on refrig. A muffle shop put the new compressor on and I have not taken the STS to the caddy dealer yet. Plz help!!!

When you state the "readings" tell you that the system is full, I presume you are referring to the pressure readings?

Did the mechanic used a lesser amount of R-134a than what the label on the accumulator calls out for R-12, that would explain the low refrigerant message. If the label calls for 2 lbs. of R-12, then use 2 lbs of R-134a.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Yes we tried the 2lbs. I even went out and got some R-134a myself, I tried to add it with the battery cable on and off, the guage still read full. We again checked for leaks, none found. Could the new compressor be incorrectly installed?

v/r

James

2.0 lbs is the spec. for the cars that were equipped from the factory with R-134a. What quantity of R-12 does the label on the accumulator specify?

Are there any codes stored in diagnostics?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived