CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

According to TheTireRack.com, the OEM tire sizes for the CTS-V are 225/40R-19 for the front and 285/35R-19 for the rear. The OEM tires are Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 and they are very highly rated. My car has Hankook tires which are also highly rated. TheTireRack offers a good selection in this size pair: Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position, Continental ExtremeContact DW, Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar and Asymmetric 2, Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110, Kumho Ecsta LE Sport, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2, Sumimoto HTR Z III, Toyo Proxes 1, Yokohama ADVAN Sport, BF Goodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2, Humho Ecsta SPT, and Perilli P Zero Corsa System. All are rated four stars or better out of five. All are max performance or ultra high performance summer tires except the Pirelli which is listed as a streetable racing tire, which means that they are not recommended for driving on snow or ice.

The only winter tire for this car that I can find on TheTireRack is the Pirelli Winter Carving Edge in the 225/40R-19 size. I'm not sure that the rim width on the rear is the same as the front but TheTireRack recommends this winter tire for both front and rear, and it should work OK if not be optimal for high performance, which is not the point for a snow tire.

My inclination is simply to take the wife's car when the streets aren't cleared, or there is significant risk of being forced to drive on ice or snow. Then I can leave the high performance summer tires on all the time. That's practical here near Philly, but marginal much farther north.

I'm interested in hearing the experiences and opinions of people who have driven V-series Cadillacs or equivalent cars of other marques through at least one winter.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived