CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

03 Seville transmission cooler line help

This is the upper line that goes into the top quick connect of the radiator then wisps around the back side of the tranny.1st question can this cooler line be changed without dropping the tranny or removing a lot of parts, can it be snaked in/out?2nd Question when the cooler line goes in the quick connect is there supposed to be a o ring that goes on the end of the line before it goes in the quick connect or is the o ring already in the quick connect? when I changed my radiator I thought there were rubber coated washers on the ends of the cooler lines before the go in the connector.

sts03

Does anyone know if the upper Trans cooler line that that connects to the upper quick connect of the radiator then wraps around the back side of the tranny can be changed without dropping the drivetrain ?

sts03

Trying to find the info...

Looking at the electronic service manual.....there is no mention of having to lower the engine/trans assembly to replace the trans cooling lines. Only found one pic that shows the trans cooling lines. See attached. So it appears it can certainly be done in-the-car.

post-2-0-42561400-1348931747_thumb.jpg

The front line I can would be easy, but the cooler line that wraps around to the rear of the tranny i'm not sure cause its a lot longer and has a lot of bends in the line.

sts03

• 1 year later...

I am having trouble locating a replacement for the upper quick connect that screws into the front of the tranny.

I have bought most of the lines and connectors on rock auto/ a couple from NAPA and I even tried the local dealer,

ending up with connectors for the radiator or incorrect sizes that don't screw in (smaller or just different) any one

know what the upper transmission line connector to the transmission line is ? (I have seen a version that has the

line pushed into an o ring, but mine is a quick connect similar to the radiator size only a larger diameter. (Transmission was

replaced once it is a 2001 STS, drawings I have do not show how the upper line terminates to the transmission)

- I do have two spare lines if anyone needs them bought them trying to get the right connector

Archived