CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Service - Idle Control System

Seanmannino

Hi Everyone! Been a while since I've posted anything, but I come here often to catch up on the haps with the Caddy World...

I have an issue currently that just started lastnight. I am getting a message on the electronic display telling me to service the Idle control system. I haven't noticed any issue with the idle at all I even pulled the car over and listened to the idle for several minutes and nothing changed. I turned the car off and then it started right back up, and no issues. I went through the codes, and with turning the car off and back on again, all history codes are showing. I am getting a P0404 (EGR valve needs replaced), and a P0550 (Power Steering Pressure Switch Circuit Low), and the typical (for my car) RFA 2560 (keyless entry error) But everything else seems fine.

Any ideas on what might be causing this message to display?

Thank you all in advance!

Sean M.

1997 Cadillac DeVille

Hmm...haven't heard of that one. I had to go look it up. This is from the 1998 electronic service manual....hopefully the same info applies.

"The IPC displays the SERVICE IDLE CONTROL message whenever the IPC receives a class 2 serial data line request from the PCM. The message indicates that a difference exists between the PCM commanded engine idle speed and the actual engine idle speed."

Archived