CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Spark Plugs, 2000 Deville

Before I start taking parts off of the car, can anyone direct me to the location of the spark plugs, and what type, i.e Delco, NGK,

copper, platinum, etc, are recommended for my 2000 Deville?

The plugs are under the front and rear coil packs.not sure how the deville is but the rear coil pack is a little more of a pain to get off.yes AC delco plugs only from what I've been told ,I think the platinum ones can't remember.

sts03

Coil packs come off easy, then the plug boots are on the plugs. Use the factory delco double platinum

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Coil packs come off easy, then the plug boots are on the plugs. Use the factory delco double platinum

Anyone have ideas about getting the plug wires off the plugs? I had to replace one that would not release, and being down in the tube, it is quite a job. I had a pair of long needle nose pliers, but still ruined it. Maybe save someone else from my problem.

Should come off easy

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

• 1 month later...

Maybe people don't understand the problem. They are of course out a long time ago, but when I was trying to get them off, I did try twisting them, and pulling them and twisting them with a pair of needle nose so I could twist far down in the tube. There was no twisting one at least or pulling! I have taken off my share of plug wires before, and am a somewhat ingenious guy, but one would not release. I was actually hoping someone knew of a tool or trick. The one wire never let go of the plug and tore around the plug, then a socket would not go on it either. A long thin screw driver finally fixed that thing. I figure a previous owner had replaced them with no dielectric type lube. They were not melted, but no glue woulda held them on that tight.

Anyway that is an old post and I will use the dielectric (judiciously) on mine. I figured someone else would run into that somewhere.

Archived