CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hi I have a 2001 dts and it showing a po410 code. The air pump is working at cold start everytime and all the vac lines are good but still having that Dam code. Also I hear the pump kick on sometimes when I'm driving. it comes on for a few sec then shuts off (it will do this a few times but not all the time). The code usually will stay gone for a few days after reset then come back. Can anyone help me on this matter.

Thanks.

Johnny M.

Is the car California or Federal emissions?

You should only hear the air pump run on cold start up for 45 seconds or so. You should not hear it running latter.

Could be a bad check valve. There are 2. Those are subject to moisture issues.

It should take 2 or 3 cold start failures before the code will set and turn on the SES lamp.

thanks for replying, the car isdue for Mass. emissions. Could you let me know where to find the rely so i can test and or replace it. I checked all vacuum lines and they appear to be in good shape. The code usually sets and light comes on in about 3-4 days some times less.

I don't think the relay is the problem.....but the relay is over near the coolant overflow tank....kind of between the tank and the firewall on a bracket by itself.

To test the air check valves you would need a hand held vacuum pump.

Archived