CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

secondary air injection malfunction/warning messages on my dash

Nick P

secondary air injection malfunction( 2002 Deville DTS) this code wont go away, i've replaced the air injection pump, no holes in the air lines, i cant find the fuse or relay, not sure what its marked or even where its located, i checked under the hood, but couldn't find it....please help me!!!!....also my service suspension sys, and speed limited to 90 waring messages are on, and i have replaced EVERYTHING( struts, hubs, brakes ect...

Are u sure you it was the the air pump you replaced? Not a hard job but certainly not one you would forget..the maxi fuse is in the under hood fuse block near right front of car...the relay is near the coolant overflow tank.

Logan, Thanks for your response, yes im sure it was the pump, its located by the drivers wheel...it turns on for about 2 mins, and then car idles down and run fine, but its still giving the code, im going to check the fuse in the morning, i looked for it, but not sure what it labeled, or numbered, cause i couldn't find it...

Ok...if you can hear the pump run...the fuse is ok. The air pump only runs for about 45 seconds on a cold start.

There is no relation between the start-up idle speed and the air pump running. They may seem related but it's 2 different things going on.

The air pump fuse is in the underhood fuse box. One of the large ones...#45...50A.

post-2-0-30921700-1346870914_thumb.jpg

Archived