CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hi, question on dyeing leahter a darker colour

Cattletruck

Hello, all. I recently acquired a wood and leather steering wheel from an auction on EBAY and the colour of the leather is a medium grey. My interior on the '97 deVille is done in Montana blue - the paddles on the sides of the steering wheel are black with white lettering so no change there.

I need to change the colour on the leather inserts from dark gey to Montana blue to match. Has anyone tried a product called "Leather Magic"? They claim they can match the factory colour on GM vehicles and have a restoration/colour changing kit for DIYers around $40.00 American.

Or conversely, has anyone used their trusty shoemaker or local furniture building store to do this delicate task (dye a piece of leather to match existing, whether on house furniture or car)??

Please advise,,,,,

Most body shops can also dye the leather for you and since they have the color codes, they can do it accurately.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived