CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2005 CTS Headlights Dimming

Hi everyone,

I noticed last night that my headlights don't illuminate much and make it hard to see at night unless I put my high beams on. The high beams are OK, but the low beams are what need to be changed. Does anyone know how to change the headlights on this car?

Thanks!

How long have you had the car?

Have you ever driven it at night before?

If I am not mistaken... it only uses one bulb on each side for the headlights.

It is a dual filament bulb...one filament light up for low beam... "BOTH" of them light up for high beam.

If you have just recently purchased the car, I think it is more likely that the AIM or ADJUSTMENT of the headlights are off, rather than it needing new bulbs.

Posted Image

It is a dual filament bulb...one filament light up for low beam... "BOTH" of them light up for high beam.

If you have just recently purchased the car, I think it is more likely that the AIM or ADJUSTMENT of the headlights are off, rather than it needing new bulbs.

I've had the car for 6 years now. I've never changed the headlights before, but yes I drive at night all the time.

How do I know if it needs adjusting or replacing?

I've had the car for 6 years now. I've never changed the headlights before, but yes I drive at night all the time.

You say that you often drive it at night...

I assume that you just recently noticed that the lights are no longer lighting up the road very well.

There is a possibility that one of the low beam filaments has burned out and only ONE light is shining on the road.

To check if that is true...

MANUALLY turn the headlights on and walk around in front of the car and see if both of them are actually illuminated.

Posted Image

You say that you often drive it at night...

I assume that you just recently noticed that the lights are no longer lighting up the road very well.

There is a possibility that one of the low beam filaments has burned out and only ONE light is shining on the road.

To check if that is true...

MANUALLY turn the headlights on and walk around in front of the car and see if both of them are actually illuminated.

I checked that last night and both headlights are illuminated, but they are duller than they usually are. I usually don't even need my HI beams at night as my low beams have really been bright enough. That's why I think the lightness will slowly diminish more and eventually they'll both burn out.

Do you have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot that?

Archived