CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

rear caliper question

shenKing

Just wondering if anyone changed their rear caliper for the 92 STS. The part number for left and right caliper are the same (loaded) 18036251. I orderd two and and they are identical. Shouldn't they be mirror image of each other?

Just wanted to make sure that I don't have the wrong part before I start taking them apart and any help would be much appreciated.

Shouldn't they be mirror image of each other?

Yes, the should. Where did you get the part number? :blink:

Adallak, just to straighten things out, I checked out the brakes and I was surprised to find that the left and right rear calipers are not mirror image of each other.

The left rear caliper sits at the rear of the disc (towards the trunk) and the right sits at the right of the disc (towards the front) and so that is why both the calipers were identical. So the GM dealer was right after all.

Adallak, just to straighten things out, I checked out the brakes and I was surprised to find that the left and right rear calipers are not mirror image of each other.

The left rear caliper sits at the rear of the disc (towards the trunk) and the right sits at the right of the disc (towards the front) and so that is why both the calipers were identical. So the GM dealer was right after all.

Thanks for the info. Who could think they would do that :D

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived