CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

after market fuel pump assembly

rayntx

want 2 know if anyone out there has changed out a fuel pump assembly on a 2000 caddy deville

with an aftermarket assembly by AIRTECH. connector to the sending unit is differnet and has to be

changed out also. does anyone have the wiring diagram on what wire go where?

nedd serious help........................

I did, it came with instructions of which wire goes where. If I remember right there were 2 wires the same color (black?) but one was thicker than the other so the thick black went to the thick black and the thinner one went to the thinner one on the other wiring harness.

The pump isnt very hard to get to and get out and mess with so if you crossed a wire then the pump would just pump backwards or your gauge wouldnt work right. But pretty much just match up colors and match up size of wires thats what I did and it was right.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

• 4 weeks later...

I did, it came with instructions of which wire goes where. If I remember right there were 2 wires the same color (black?) but one was thicker than the other so the thick black went to the thick black and the thinner one went to the thinner one on the other wiring harness.

The pump isnt very hard to get to and get out and mess with so if you crossed a wire then the pump would just pump backwards or your gauge wouldnt work right. But pretty much just match up colors and match up size of wires thats what I did and it was right.

I used the old connector and traced the location onto the pump then followed where it went inside the assembly. Be sure u do use the new harness, there is a known problem with poor connections overheating and shortening the life of ur new pump from 96-03

I put this together before I realized this was an "old" post. I figure I might as well post it for the benefit of anyone who might search this thread in the future.

2000 Deville Fuel Pump.doc

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived