CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Ok so I had a small transmisson leak before winter, parked car then tried to move it to fix transmission well we thought the battery was dead so we charged it then tried to start it again...Nothing. It cranks over just won't start. On the dash when I let it sit for 10+Minutes or so it starts reading "Theft System Problem Car May Not Restart" So I read the codes (off pass up (warmer) And I am getting (h standing or history and c standing for current) pc0603(h) pc1631(h) ip1552(h) ip2750( c)(I believe that is the one causing my problem) ac1312( c) sd1026( c)(My airbag is unplugged due to work in steering coloumn) pz1558(H) IR2255(h) and this next code reads three times in a row IR2064(h) all history on the last one. I believe it's the key that is worn down and not making contact with the inside metal for the code to read correctly. Any help much appreciated.

Quick things to try: 1) the other key 2) spray wd40 on the blade of your key and run it in and out of the ignition cylinder to clean out the contacts 3) have a locksmith make a new copy of your key

if the problem is wear in the ignition cylinder you need to have a new one of those installed, or start along the path of trying to wire around the passkey system.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 4 weeks later...

Quick things to try: 1) the other key 2) spray wd40 on the blade of your key and run it in and out of the ignition cylinder to clean out the contacts 3) have a locksmith make a new copy of your key

if the problem is wear in the ignition cylinder you need to have a new one of those installed, or start along the path of trying to wire around the passkey system.

How would I do step 4???

Speaking with no experience in this but in theory, you can knock the passkey resister out of the key and solder leads to it. Then clip the wires to the lock cylinder and wire the resister in.

My 95 SLS had to have a new key made for it because the contacts on that resister we so wore down.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Archived