CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Memory seating

08 DTS

Is there any way to make the memory seating/tilt think that it's always in park?

It may sound dumb but I guess that it is the way that I drive. I have always had my vehicle in gear and starting to roll while pulling my wheel down. I jump in this one and will have it in gear, then reailze that the wheel is not going into position, put it back in park, hit the "1" button, and after the wheel has completed movement, put the car back in gear. Yes I know that I could manually hold the tilt switch down but figure that there has to be a wire somewhere that signals it that the car is in park and can be altered.

Thoughts?

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

You can set it to automatically move the seat and wheel to the "1" or "2" position when you use the remote to unlock it.

Or use the "1" or "2" button before you take it out of PARK.

That's the only 2 ways I have figured out to make it work.

It took me a little while to get used to it... but now I am in the habit of just hitting the "1" button as I am starting it.

If the wheel comes down to my driving position before I get in, it is in the way for me to get in and I hit my leg on it.

So I turned off the part where it all moves when you use the remote. :)

Posted Image

You can set it to automatically move the seat and wheel to the "1" or "2" position when you use the remote to unlock it.

Or use the "1" or "2" button before you take it out of PARK.

That's the only 2 ways I have figured out to make it work.

It took me a little while to get used to it... but now I am in the habit of just hitting the "1" button as I am starting it.

If the wheel comes down to my driving position before I get in, it is in the way for me to get in and I hit my leg on it.

So I turned off the part where it all moves when you use the remote. :)

I turned that remote function off too for the same reason.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Archived