CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Light Leather Getting Stained Looking

newbold1

This may sound weird but I happen to wear black colored Levi's quite often and it seems that the color from my jeans is rubbing onto my driver's seat. I have a light beige seat and it seems to have a grey hue to it. A wet cloth gets most of it off but there is still a bit of discoloration. This is on a new CTS with just 3,000 miles on it.

Any suggestions on the best way to get / keep the seats clean without doing any harm to the leather? So far I have only used a damp cloth and I've been careful not to rub too hard.

I had the same problem with a black leather jacket. I used a very mild solution of Murphy's Oil Soap and it came right off. Generally i use Lexol Leather CLeaner and Lexol Leather conditioner. One you have the Leather Conditioner on, then the black left by the jeans will wipe off witha damp cloth.

Any suggestions on the best way to get / keep the seats clean without doing any harm to the leather?  So far I have only used a damp cloth and I've been careful not to rub too hard.

Just add some mild soap like Ivory or my favorite, Woolite, to some warm water. A little elbow grease will not do any damage.

Follow that with a treatment of Mink oil.

I have to remove denim dyes twice a year.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Use saddle soap. Follow the directions that are on the can. It can be purchased at better shoe stores. i have the same problem with my blue jeans. Saddle soap works and it's been around for as long as man has rode horseback and had saddles on their horses.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived