CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Help!! 2000 DTS DTC codes

I just purchased a 2000 DTS. Love the car. I did a self diagnostic on it after getting SERVICE STABILITY SYSTEM and SERVICE THEFT SYSTEM. Just had Power Steering Pump replaced. Steering is hard when turning. Having it rechecked tommorrow. Heard something about Steering Position Sensor. Also read something about the Theft System being a "dummy" light or glitch.

Pulled the following codes:

ABS C1287

IPM B1004

IRC B1377

IRC U1016

IRC U1064

IRC U1129

IRC U1000

MSM B1327

VTD B1009

VTD B2734

VTD B3055

B1845

some of these had HISTORY beside them. Which ones could be related to the Stability System and Theft System?

Thanks

Ron

Clear all your codes and take a test drive.

If you see the SERVICE STABILITY SYSTEM message again, display the codes. If you display a C1287 again, that would be the issue.

Save this little text file for code definitions. Open it with Wordpad and you can search on the code; or scroll down, or however you want to locate the definition.

History codes are interesting but not very useful. What you really need to know is what codes were flagged on the most recent start and run cycle; not what got flagged yesterday.

96+ OBDII GM DTCs.txt

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Clear all your codes and take a test drive.

If you see the SERVICE STABILITY SYSTEM message again, display the codes. If you display a C1287 again, that would be the issue.

Save this little text file for code definitions. Open it with Wordpad and you can search on the code; or scroll down, or however you want to locate the definition.

History codes are interesting but not very useful. What you really need to know is what codes were flagged on the most recent start and run cycle; not what got flagged yesterday.

I just purchased a 2000 DTS. Love the car. I did a self diagnostic on it after getting SERVICE STABILITY SYSTEM and SERVICE THEFT SYSTEM. Just had Power Steering Pump replaced. Steering is hard when turning. Having it rechecked tommorrow. Heard something about Steering Position Sensor. Also read something about the Theft System being a "dummy" light or glitch.

Pulled the following codes:

ABS C1287...Steering Sensor Rate Malfunction ... possibly the cause of the hard steering...and possibly the cause of the "SERVICE STABILITY SYSTEM" message...

IPM B1004... Keep Alive Memory (KAM)

IRC B1377...I have no info on this one..

IRC U1016...Loss of Class 2 Communication with VCM

IRC U1064...Loss of RRDM Serial Data

IRC U1129...Loss of Communications with AMP

IRC U1000...Class 2 Communication Malfunction

MSM B1327...Vehicle system voltage below 9.0 volts

VTD B1009....EEPROM Checksum Error

VTD B2734...Coded Key Controller Memory Failure .. this one can cause THEFT SYSTEM messages.

VTD B3055...Key Not Present ... it thinks someone is trying to start it without a key and can activate theft system

B1845...Driver Lumbar Down Switch Circuit Malfunction

some of these had HISTORY beside them.

Which ones could be related to the Stability System and Theft System?

Thanks

Ron

Ron,

here are the code meanings...

ABS C1287...Steering Sensor Rate Malfunction ... possibly the cause of the hard steering...and possibly the cause of the "SERVICE STABILITY SYSTEM" message...

IPM B1004... Keep Alive Memory (KAM)

IRC B1377...I have no info on this one..

IRC U1016...Loss of Class 2 Communication with VCM

IRC U1064...Loss of RRDM Serial Data

IRC U1129...Loss of Communications with AMP

IRC U1000...Class 2 Communication Malfunction

MSM B1327...Vehicle system voltage below 9.0 volts

VTD B1009....EEPROM Checksum Error

VTD B2734...Coded Key Controller Memory Failure .. this one can cause THEFT SYSTEM messages.

VTD B3055...Key Not Present ... it thinks someone is trying to start it without a key and can activate the theft system

B1845...Driver Lumbar Down Switch Circuit Malfunction

Posted Image

Archived