CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I could go out first thing in the morning at a temp of zero and the car will start fine but if I drive around for awhile,turn it off and lets say run in to a store come back out the car will crack real slow to the point of no cracking at all.If I wait alittle while then try it starts normal.Since it will start fine first thing on a cold morning,it cant really be the battery can it?Hate to buy a new battery if I dont have to in case its something else.Its a 95 deville 4.9...thanks

Sounds as it may then be the starter. When a starter gets hot it can draw more amps to turn it over due to heat increasing the resistance in the wires (either going to the starter or internal to the starter). So first step, check for tight connections at the starter, second, consider a new starter.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

I could go out first thing in the morning at a temp of zero and the car will start fine but if I drive around for awhile,turn it off and lets say run in to a store come back out the car will crack real slow to the point of no cracking at all.If I wait alittle while then try it starts normal.Since it will start fine first thing on a cold morning,it cant really be the battery can it?Hate to buy a new battery if I dont have to in case its something else.Its a 95 deville 4.9...thanks

my 97 deville did that an replaced the sarter an it wasnt it well come to find out it was the starter relay. dont knw if that will help.

Archived