CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I've a 93 Seville 4.9 that was running great. Stopped on me 2 weeks ago, replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump, temp sensor, new plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, coil, and still running bad. Starts fine, runs like new for about 10 minutes. If I turn off the ignition and try to restart, it is hard to start and if starts it idles real rough. Let it sit for a few hours and it starts and run like new for about 10 minutes. It also is sluggish when accelerating. Before this it was running like new. Help

Ranger is right, prime suspect :check the EGR valve. Also make sure the egr solenoid is working.

sluggish acceleration? check the fuel pressure valve.

check pcv valve, vac leaks at throttle body etc.., clean the throttle body and EGR stack tubes, check body grounds, engine ground, distributor ground, lots of variables..use your PCM and dash codes for various diagnosis..

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Man this car is driving me and my mechanics crazy. Just replying to the last because I had pneumonia, anyway I cleaned the throttle body and it started running good. Occasionally it would run bad for a few minutes or miles. Then while it was runnning bad, I shifted to neutral and accelerated to keep it from dying and it haven't started since. Got a code po31 shorted map sensor, and po98 high rpm. Now it just cranks, no fire. Can hear the fuel pump, but it is not firing almost as if it have an automatic shut off somewhere. Help me please

• 3 weeks later...

i changed the hall effect sensor on the 93 seville and it started. It started fine ran for 20 minutes but would start after i killed the engine. Still doing the same. Got codes for shorted map sensor and cam sensor/

codes current PO41 History IO39 & Io52

• 3 weeks later...

Archived