CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Looking at 2003 STS

Chris

Thanks for the quick diagnosis JimD!

I'll leave it where it is... BUT i'm still really curious to know what those camshaft position sensor problems might be!?

Back to kijiji/trader.ca/cars.com I go :) Any other good resources for cars in the US?

-Chris

Here is a complete list of codes (I have a printout of the definitions but a few of them are missing - see notes below):

I have no interest in looking up the definitions. :)

Capture this small text file of OBDII definitions that has served me faithfully for many years. And it is searchable. Internet connected device not required.

96+ OBDII GM DTCs.txt

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Thanks for the quick diagnosis JimD!

You are wlecome, I'm happy to contribute my experience.

... BUT i'm still really curious to know what those camshaft position sensor problems might be!?

Speculating here --- camshaft position sensor failure is rare enough to be ignored.

The only report I recall turned out to be sensor connector or wire harness damage caused by a careless "mechanic" while doing some unrelated work on that end of the engine.

....Any other good resources for cars in the US?

IF I was looking for a used car in the US, I would use autotrader or craigslist or ?? and restrict locations to AZ and FL.

Good luck....

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

It seems strange that an 03 would require such suspension work at those low clicks..

My 02 STS with magaride failed at 81K. Both rear struts developed a loud clunk. Took one off and fluid came out through the air connector of the strut. I'm guessing it was the magnetic fluid they use in the strut and the seals must have went bad. They were $450 from GM parts direct the last time I had checked a few years ago. $800 from the dealer.

-Dusty-

2006 Cadillac DTS Glacier Gold Tri-Coat with 175,000 miles

1993 Cadillac Sixty Special Gold Mist with 185,000 miles

Archived