CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

abs and tc light keeps coming on

funman

The only problem i have now is when i start the engine the motor runs great when it warms up i put it in gear then the abs tc light comes on along with the display saying service stability systems does anybody have any suggestions on how to eleviate this problem?

The only problem i have now is when i start the engine the motor runs great when it warms up i put it in gear then the abs tc light comes on along with the display saying service stability systems does anybody have any suggestions on how to eleviate this problem?

Those DIC messages are not very informative.

We need the trouble codes that triggered the DIC messages. Here is how to to display your trouble codes:

http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

It's probably one of your wheel speed sensors or suspension travel sensors, or perhaps the steering angle sensor or maybe the brake switch sensor (which is separate from the switch that turns on the stop lights). Often this turns out to be just a connector off the sensor or an adjustment. Read your OBD codes and they will tell which sensors aren't getting their data to the PCM/PZM. See the link in my signature block for instructions on how to get the OBD codes. Post them here and we will go from there.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived