CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

84 Seville Dashboard removal

GaryMose

:welcomesmiley:

The top cover of the instrument panel is the padded dashboard, the flat top of the dashboard that comprises the surface which the windshield defroster blows through, and the sun load and daylight sensors at the center are mounted.

The first thing I'm going to say is that the Chilton manual doesn't have enough information to support you on this job. Just the first step, beginning the dismantling of the dashboard for access, shows this, hence your question here. I suggest that you get a factory shop manual (FSM) for your model year for Seville/Eldorado/Deville from a used book source such as eBay.

Others here have done that job; I haven't. Some of them may be able to talk you through it with out a FSM. Even so, if you are a good DIY type guy and plan to maintain the car yourself, you should very seriously consider getting an FSM. Having it handy while you do this job, with help form those here who have done it themselves, is an excellent way to get to know the manual and how to use it.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

:welcomesmiley:

The top cover of the instrument panel is the padded dashboard, the flat top of the dashboard that comprises the surface which the windshield defroster blows through, and the sun load and daylight sensors at the center are mounted.

The first thing I'm going to say is that the Chilton manual doesn't have enough information to support you on this job. Just the first step, beginning the dismantling of the dashboard for access, shows this, hence your question here. I suggest that you get a factory shop manual (FSM) for your model year for Seville/Eldorado/Deville from a used book source such as eBay.

Others here have done that job; I haven't. Some of them may be able to talk you through it with out a FSM. Even so, if you are a good DIY type guy and plan to maintain the car yourself, you should very seriously consider getting an FSM. Having it handy while you do this job, with help form those here who have done it themselves, is an excellent way to get to know the manual and how to use it.

Archived