CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

The ISC motor won't set a code if there is anything wrong with it. You likely don't need to replace it but could get away with taking it apart and cleaning it instead. There is a tutorial with pictures on here somewhere. I will see if I can dig it up. If not then I can scan and post the printed copies of it that I made when I had to clean my ISC. Just gimme a few minutes to do some digging.

Oh my...I just realized my subscription on here expired...guess I better fix that!:wub:

big4870885.jpg

That didn't take long...here's the link to the tutorial.

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=7605

big4870885.jpg

Yep. Eveytime I clear the codes and exit the diagnostic mode the check engine light goes off for a split second and pops right back on. I've done it about ten times in a row. Every time I check my codes I get P080 Current and it's the only thing keeping my check engine light on. I've tried all the procedures for the TP Sensor/Idle Learn. I tried many ways I've found on this forum and another one even have an alldata account with the procedure and nothing works. I'm not getting a very rough idle but it can be better. It surges sometimes when I'm driving about 25 to 35 mph.

Code for rich could be a number of actual causes - an ISC probably isn't one of them. It's no more magical than you stepping on the gas pedal a bit!

Have you checked the fuel pressure since replacing the FPR?

When did you change your O2 sensor(s) last?

(does this year use a MAP?) A leaky line to it, plugged up, etc would 'fake' a high load to the ECM and widen up the pulse width to the injectors (making it rich!).

Do you have access to a scan tool? Would make life a lot easier....

I'm confused. Some people are telling me it's the fuel system rich and others are saying I need to do an idle relearn. According to ALLDATAdiy it says

Computers and Control Systems: Diagnostic Trouble Code Tests and Associated Procedures P080

TP SENSOR/IDLE LEARN PROCEDURE

IMPORTANT: Make sure nothing is touching or obstructing the accelerator or brake pedals, the heated windshield is turned off, and there is no load on the power steering during the TP learn procedure because this will prevent the PCM from performing the learn routine.

1.Turn ignition to "ON" (engine not running).

2.Enter diagnostics.

3.Turn ignition to "OFF."

4.Wait a minimum of 20 seconds.

5.Turn ignition to "ON" (engine not running).

6.Enter diagnostics.

7.Turn ignition to "OFF."

8.Wait a minimum of 20 seconds.

9.Turn ignition to "ON" (engine not running).

10.Enter diagnostics.

11.Turn ignition to "OFF."

12.Wait a minimum of 20 seconds.

I would look for a vacuum leak. Run down all vacuum lines, I know on my 96 Deville I had a few lines that were bad up against the firewall on the passenger side. Also you have a line running down to a canister under the front fender where the power steering filter is and if your E brake is not releasing when you put it into gear you probably have a vacuum leak there. Just make sure you got everything put back together the way it was and hang in there, these guys on this forum will get to the bottom of your problem.

My code list for OBD1 systems says P080 = Fuel System Rich.

1994 does use a MAP sensor. It's located under the manifold cover and has no vacuum line connected to it. It gets vacuum from the intake directly. A faulty MAP could cause a rich condition, but in my experience a bad MAP would set a code.

A bad coolant temp sensor, or the thermostat being stuck open could cause a rich mixture, but I am not sure if it would cause a rich enough mixture to set a code. The car would "think" it's constantly in cold-start mode. Someone else will know the answer to that I'm sure.

An engine misfire could also cause a rich condition. The 1994 model year won't set a code for misfires. If it feels like it IS misfiring at all, then consider checking/replacing the plugs, wires, and/or coils.

Have you noticed any drive-ability issues other than the off idle? For example sluggish acceleration, chugging, or stalling?

big4870885.jpg

I have a 2001 Seville SLS. It wont start or crank when i turn the key, 20 mins later she fired right up. The Service Engine Soon lite was on. I pulled the codes P0385 and P0340, the battery votls are 15.0 when running, not running the volts are 12.6. This no start/crank has happend before twice a year...she runs fine, every now and then she gives me yhis problem. This is the 1st she gave me the codes. I did try to start her up out of gear, by moving the gear shift back and fourth,thinking the neutral switch was bad. Any ideas??? could my Smart key be acting up?? :bluesbrothers:

Archived