CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Stock brakes on an 05 CTS-V

I am new here and was wondering if anyone knows about the stock brakes on my CTS-V? I thought they were cross drilled and/or slotted rotors with Brembo calipers, but the CTS-V I just picked up has regular rotors on it. Was just wondering if the previous owner just threw cheapy rotors on it instead of what was supposed to be there. Cheers.

I am new here and was wondering if anyone knows about the stock brakes on my CTS-V? I thought they were cross drilled and/or slotted rotors with Brembo calipers, but the CTS-V I just picked up has regular rotors on it. Was just wondering if the previous owner just threw cheapy rotors on it instead of what was supposed to be there. Cheers.

The "V" has different calipers and rotors than the stock CTS. Download the specs here:

http://www.zshare.ne...724885d930d103/

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

The "V" has different calipers and rotors than the stock CTS. Download the specs here:

http://www.zshare.ne...724885d930d103/

Regards,

Warren

Thanks Warren, appreciate the info Cheers.

yes you can buy budget rotors for the cts-v. non drilled/slotted. still the proper size of course. 13.4"? but it comes down to personal preference. you have to look at your driving habits and actually try stock brakes VS cheapo versions. the rotors play a part but the pad composition is more important in braking performance. is 90% of your driving short trips at low speeds? around town? you have identified nondrilled rotors but what pads do you have?

Archived