CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1999 Cadillac Seville STS

Hello I'm looking for some help I have a 1999 Cadillac Seville STS what I just bought about four months ago, after a big rainstorm in November here in Chicago.I notice that the traction light and ABS light are staying on. Also I have the service stabilizing system and steering system coming on, even after I reset the codes(C1233) and C1255) I got off the dashboard computer. I also do not have heated seats on the front two seats of the car.

I keep hearing a pump like noise coming from the front of the car. Could this be the ABS system (EBTCM) causing all of these problems? If it is i do not know how to find this part and what it looks like. Other than the lights on the car drives fine. I've had two shops looked at why the lights are on and neither one of them could tell me, also using a hand scanner usually use for the check engine light I came out with no cold all for that.

Side note: I put brand-new brakes that I bought from AutoZone new disc and sensor wires for the break's and once in a while I get service steering system not all the time.

I also put two new front hubs in on the car and if this helps I checked the voltage for the battery and it is at 14.5 V this past weekend I disconnected the battery for two hours and put it back on to the car when I did that all the Cold War gone for about a day then they pop back up.

Yes I did but it turns out that it was the speed sensor all along that was bad so I took it back to AutoZone and got a new one put it on and it is working fine all of the lights are off.

Thanks for looking out.

I need help with the heated seats on my car they do not heat up, the front ones are not working but the back two are working also notice that when I go into reverse the mirror on the passenger side moves in shifts but the one on the driver side does not move. I've looked through the manual and looked at the fuses all the fuses look in good condition but wondering if there's something else I should be looking at.

Thanks

Sounds like you now have some experience changing that hub. That'll come in handy when using Autozone neverlast parts. You'll probably be doing it again soon.

The mirror sounds like it's working as intended. That's the curb assist paring feature. Drivers side does not move in reverse, only the passengers side. Check your owners manual. It will tell you how to disable it if you want to.

When heated seats fail, it's usually a burnt heating element unless they both failed simultaneously.

The short version is remove the seat and then the cover and then replace the heating element. The longer version will be in the FSM or a subscription to alldatadiy.com.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I'm looking for some help I have a 1999 Cadillac Seville STS what I just bought about four months ago, after a big rainstorm in November here in Chicago.I notice that the traction light and ABS light are staying on. Also I have the service stabilizing system and steering system coming on, even after I reset the codes(C1233) and C1255) I got off the dashboard computer. I also do not have heated seats on the front two seats of the car.

I keep hearing a pump like noise coming from the front of the car. Could this be the ABS system (EBTCM) causing all of these problems? If it is i do not know how to find this part and what it looks like. Other than the lights on the car drives fine. I've had two shops looked at why the lights are on and neither one of them could tell me, also using a hand scanner usually use for the check engine light I came out with no cold all for that.

Side note: I put brand-new brakes that I bought from AutoZone new disc and sensor wires for the break's and once in a while I get service steering system not all the time.

I also put two new front hubs in on the car and if this helps I checked the voltage for the battery and it is at 14.5 V this past weekend I disconnected the battery for two hours and put it back on to the car when I did that all the Cold War gone for about a day then they pop back up.

Hi! I have had exactly the same problem with my STS. The reason is that ignition 3 relay dosent work because of bad ignition switch. You have to change that and that is a callenge. After that ABS & tracktion and heated seats, EEC, fans and so on will work perfect.

Best Regards Jonny Wallin from Sweden.

Archived