CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

air bag system (suspension)

Jason

u got the sts? exhust and or performance air filter, try greenfiltersusa.com exhust. cut out the cat and or resonator, replace with straight pipe and flowmaster 40 series mufflers for deep vette-like sound

You might also want to set the camber both front and rear to -3 degrees to help handling. The German cars are like this so I tried it and it makes a difference.

You know I asked this question a while back and no one could offer a suggestion. I asked, is their an alignment tweak that will cause the car to handle better... Do you think your tweak will work for the Deville? Thanks..

The Deville is even easier than the Eldorado because it doesn't have the monoleaf spring system for the rear. I did it on my dad's Deville and it definitely improved the handling. What I've read, -3 degree increases the cornering ability around 10%. If I got rid of those 14 in. high profile tires and put on some 16 in. low profile tires it would handle even better. But I drive a lot of miles and skinny high profile tires give the best gas mileage.

To change the camber you basically loosen the bolts that are connected to the struts and tilt the wheel/tire assembly until you get the desired camber. It's a little bit of fiddeling around to get both sides the same and to get the exact degrees. Once the desired camber is set, the tow has to be adjusted. I have a tool that you drive over for doing this but it can also be done by some other home brew methods. I can dig out the article if anyone is interested.

IPB Image

The Deville is even easier than the Eldorado because it doesn't have the monoleaf spring system for the rear. I did it on my dad's Deville and it definitely improved the handling. What I've read, -3 degree increases the cornering ability around 10%. If I got rid of those 14 in. high profile tires and put on some 16 in. low profile tires it would handle even better. But I drive a lot of miles and skinny high profile tires give the best gas mileage.

To change the camber you basically loosen the bolts that are connected to the struts and tilt the wheel/tire assembly until you get the desired camber. It's a little bit of fiddeling around to get both sides the same and to get the exact degrees. Once the desired camber is set, the tow has to be adjusted. I have a tool that you drive over for doing this but it can also be done by some other home brew methods. I can dig out the article if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the information. When I get my car aligned I will ask them to adjust it that way. Does that adjustment cause additional tire wear? Thanks

Archived