CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

98 eldorado cv-rss ecu..where is it located ?

makoskey

The RSS module is in the rear. If you are getting P1602 and C1783 and C1785 codes, the problem is the EBTCM, not the RSS module. The RSS module rarely gives trouble. The EBTCM has scads of relays that eventually wear out.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

right now i am getting a c1711(left front damper) and c1780(steering position sensor) . There was a few others that were inactive but those 2 keep coming back right after I clear out the errors.

I did install new Arnott suspension on both front and rear. Checked the output of the resistors on the left front and it is showing the right output. I just wanted to check to see if I am getting the 10 ohm reading back at the module. The C1780 one concerns me. That sensor is EXPENSIVE!

C1711 Left Front Damper Actuator Short Circuit to Ground

C1780 Loss of Steering Position Signal

I wouldn't start looking at the module just yet. Those codes are telling you that there is a short in the wiring to the left front strut actuator and that you don't have a steering position signal. I would fix that first.

When you think you are ready to try things out, clear the codes from the A/C console buttons, drive the car, and see what comes back.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived