CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Shifter C-Clip

Julio

Hey,

Anyone have a trick to repair of the ash trey door and the rear cig lighter on a 97 eldo? Because it beggs removing the shift level and ther center console plate I live in fear of starting the job.

Did a rebuild new 1/2 case and time certs car runs like new in my world and is clean want to put the finshing touches on it but fear tearing the interior up :-| ..

That door bugs me and the cig lighter is needed to charge the phone.

Another question it is a 97 eldo, back then it appears they had analog cellular phones, is there a way to convet it to a hand set that works with nextel?

Any advice is appreicated.

Julio

The shifter knob is held in place with a "staple" clip. Put the shifter in low 1 and use a small screwdriver to work it out. The knob will pull straight up when the staple is removed. When you reinstall the knob, install the staple with the crown side up.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Thanks KHE regret being an ingrate but how does that chrome strip and center plate come up? I know ther are screws under the cup holdre mat do I have to pry up that chrome ring around the shift indicator lite?

Julio

The chrome ring is sonically welded to the plastic bezel so don't pry on the chrome ring. The manual shows two clips on the driver's/passenger's side about 1/4 in from front/back. The manual says to gently lift the bezel up....I would see if you could get a small putty knife to relieve the tension on the clips while lifting up.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived