CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

STRUT PART NUMBERS

I WANT TO BUY NEW STRUTS FOR MY `98 ETC FROM GMPARTS DIRECT.COM BUT THEY DO NOT BACKUP THEIR PART NUMBERS. THEY TELL YOU TO CHECK ELSEWHERE TO VERIFY IF THEY ARE CORRECT. THEY GAVE ME #22064725 LF, #22064726 RF AND #22064727 FOR THE REAR SHOCKS. DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE OR KNOW IF THESE NUMBERS ARE CORRECT? I DON`T WANT TO DEAL WITH WRONG STRUTS THRU THE MAIL. THANKS.

I went through this about a year ago. It can be very confusing and you do want to be absolutely sure you have the right numbers because they are special order, electrical parts and they are not returnable to GMPartsdirect!

There is a code on your Service Parts Identification (SPID) label that tells exactly what suspension your car has. The label is afixed to the underside of the spare tire trap door under the floor of your trunk. (If you can't find the label, you can give the VIN number to your dealer's parts counter person and they can print one for you from their database.)

With your VIN and suspension code, you can get the correct part numbers from your dealer.

You can E-mail the VIN and suspension code to customer service at GMParts direct and they will confirm the parts you need.

I would cross-check the numbers with two, or even three, reliable sources before you order. Once you're sure of the numbers, go ahead and order the parts from GMPartsdirect. Don't be shocked by their shipping and handling charges, their total delivered-to-you price much less than your local dealer's and they give good service.

Hope this helps.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

there arev two aftermarket places boston suspension and arnott industries

i would call them and weigh what they have to offer instead of paying 500-800 per strut

boston suspensions number is 1-800-293-2660

arnott ind is 1-800-251-8993. just went through that call me at 314 388 1228 if u want the pros and cons of both

Archived