CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

odd cadillac question

troyan

Hi All

This is an odd question, but I'm a 3D modeller and I'm working on a project that requires me to make a 1988 Cadillac Fleetwood d Elegance. Worst case scenario, I need overall dimensions of the car in feet or inches (x inches long by x inches wide x x inches high). Can anyone tell me where I might find information on this specific model? It has to be this particular model and year. Best case scenario is if anyone knows where their might be CAD information on this model.

Thanks in advance!

If you have or can find photographs of the car, and if you know the given size of one object in the image (tire height or width of headlight, for example) you can measure that objects' dimensions in millimeters and convert to inches.

Once you have an accurate measurement for the reference object, you can then take measurements in the picture of the rest of the car and apply the same conversion formula to obtain the rest of the car's dimensions. Since you're creating a model, it doesn't have to be accurate as to the actual dimensions of the car but all the measurements that you do should be consistent with the reference standard.

It's like looking at a map and seeing the scale of the map, such as, 1 inch equals one mile. In this instance, you might say that one millimeter equals one inch.

Try doing searches on Yahoo and Google. Also, try posting your request to some of the old style newsgroups. You might get lucky.

Also, try contacting Cadillac and look on ebay for a sales brochure for the car which would list overall dimensions. Also, old Cadillac car clubs might have that information since someone in the club might actually own one and be more than happy to get the measurements for you.

If I can think of anything else, I'll post. Good Luck!!

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Here is what I have found (http://www.100megsfree4.com/cadillac/cad1980/cad88d.htm)

The 1988 Fleetwood D'Elegance (also series 6C) shared all of the electrical and mechanical refinements of the de Ville. It also gained 10 previously optional items as standard equipment. These consisted of tilt and telescope steering wheel, cruise control, controlled cycle wiper system, powertrunk pull down, illuminated entry system, Twilight Sentinel, illuminated vanity mirrors, trunk mat and heavy-duty battery. Only minimal exterior changes took place for 1988. Two new interior colors and six new exterior colors were available.

90-degree, overhead valve, V-8, aluminum block and cast iron cylinder liners, cast iron cylinder heads

Displacement: 273 cu. in. (4.5 liters)

Bore & stroke: 3.62 in. x 3.31 in.

Compression ratio: 9.0:1

Brake horsepower: 155 @ 4000 rpm

Torque: 240 lb.-ft. @ 2800 rpm

Five main bearings

Roller hydraulic valve lifters

Digital electronic fuel injection

Feature DeVille & D'Elegance / Sixty Special

Wheelbase 110.8 in. / 116.0 in.

Overall length 202.3 in. / 201.7 in.

Height 55.0 in. / 55.0 in.

Width 71.7 in. / 71.7 in.

Front Tread 60.3 in. / 60.3 in.

Rear Tread 59.8 in. / 59.8 in.

Standard Tires Michelin P205/70R14 / P205/70R14

Hope this helps

post-3-1095166237.jpg

That 100megsfree4 site that Scotty posted is what I've found to be the best reference on the internet for Cadillacs and what not. Your best bet for photos will probably be Cardomain.com, as I don't think most sites will have anything save a factory photo.

Here is what I have found (http://www.100megsfree4.com/cadillac/cad1980/cad88d.htm)

The 1988 Fleetwood D'Elegance (also series 6C) shared all of the electrical and mechanical refinements of the de Ville. It also gained 10 previously optional items as standard equipment. These consisted of tilt and telescope steering wheel, cruise control, controlled cycle wiper system, powertrunk pull down, illuminated entry system, Twilight Sentinel, illuminated vanity mirrors, trunk mat and heavy-duty battery. Only minimal exterior changes took place for 1988. Two new interior colors and six new exterior colors were available.

90-degree, overhead valve, V-8, aluminum block and cast iron cylinder liners, cast iron cylinder heads

Displacement: 273 cu. in. (4.5 liters)

Bore & stroke: 3.62 in. x 3.31 in.

Compression ratio: 9.0:1

Brake horsepower: 155 @ 4000 rpm

Torque: 240 lb.-ft. @ 2800 rpm

Five main bearings

Roller hydraulic valve lifters

Digital electronic fuel injection

Feature DeVille & D'Elegance / Sixty Special

Wheelbase 110.8 in. / 116.0 in.

Overall length 202.3 in. / 201.7 in.

Height 55.0 in. / 55.0 in.

Width 71.7 in. / 71.7 in.

Front Tread 60.3 in. / 60.3 in.

Rear Tread 59.8 in. / 59.8 in.

Standard Tires Michelin P205/70R14 / P205/70R14

Hope this helps

I actually spotted that site during my lunch hour but ended up not having the time to post it and figured that Eagle Eye Scotty would find it and post it.

Good job, Scotty!! :)

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived