CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

serpentine belt

Here is a diagram out of my Chilton manual. Have a scanned image of the whole page, but is too large to post. Let me know, I could email it to you...

post-3-1094394733.jpg

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Attached is the correct serpentine belt path for a Northstar engine.

The diagram offered by "sprucegoose" is correct for a 4.9 engine, not a Northstar.

I noted in your previous post that you sprayed silicone on the belts. Never spray any kind of lubricant on driving belts. If the belt can't grip the pulleys it can't spin them. Use spray brake cleaner to throughly flush off all of the pulleys. Any silicone residue will cause the new belt to slip.

-George

post-3-1094396544.jpg

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

The diagram offered by "sprucegoose" is correct for a 4.9 engine, not a Northstar.

Ooops... my bad! I should have looked at the diagram a little closer befor I shot it out there! In this Chilton's manual they cover 4.5, 4.6, and 4.9 all in that same section on serp. belts. I assumed as all of the pictures on that page were of a Northstar motor that the diagram was too! :rolleyes:

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Archived