CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

PEDALS

Oh okay, sorry, can't help you. I've never had pedals other than OE rubber on any of my vehicles.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

if you really have zero clue as to how to go about it.  Return them, or have a shop do it for you.  No one cares if your Cadillac has racing pedals because no one will ever see them.

Yea just a bit harsh, you sound like my Dad that doesn't figure out that I like to put a stereo in my car and stainless steel on my truck. But sometimes it gets me PISSED OFF when he can't keep his mouth shut about the stuff I am doing. Comments like that make a person give up on a project they thought they would enjoy. I guess some people don't remember being young.

Anyways, my buddy put a set or pedals on his 72 Chevy truck, he just pryed off his rubber things over the metal part and just used some screws to attach them to the metal pad on the pedal. Another way to do it is to use zip ties and zip tie them to the pads. Hope you didn't take them back, they'll look sharp

Spence

if you really have zero clue as to how to go about it.  Return them, or have a shop do it for you.  No one cares if your Cadillac has racing pedals because no one will ever see them.

Yea just a bit harsh, you sound like my Dad that doesn't figure out that I like to put a stereo in my car and stainless steel on my truck. But sometimes it gets me PISSED OFF when he can't keep his mouth shut about the stuff I am doing. Comments like that make a person give up on a project they thought they would enjoy. I guess some people don't remember being young.

Anyways, my buddy put a set or pedals on his 72 Chevy truck, he just pryed off his rubber things over the metal part and just used some screws to attach them to the metal pad on the pedal. Another way to do it is to use zip ties and zip tie them to the pads. Hope you didn't take them back, they'll look sharp

Spence

Spence, you may be right about your observation my 18 yo son was talking about pedals (for his hand me down plymouth acclaim!!) and I was like "what the HELL for?".... :lol::lol:

He also wanted DICE, AND, I bought them for him..... Hey its not my taste but it makes him happy...

Remember being young? I'm 19 years old. A lot of you guys have seen my car and know that I'm all about personal customization in small detail as well.

I do apologize for sounding harsh, yesterday was just one of those days, you know? Anyway, it's just that metal racing pedals have no function besides making it more difficult to drive the car. It's nothing but a 'Honda mod' to be totally honest with you.

Since this post is going all over the place anyway...

The first thing that came to mind when I read "pedals", was that I wondered if he got the training wheels and handlebar streamers to match! :lol::P:D

Sorry, I just couldn't help it... :rolleyes:

Then again, I envisioned installing "pedals" like the ole' kiddy-cars had (before battery motors). This might be the ultimate Caddy solution (if not a bit slow) to ensure the vehicle can get home ! ;)

Sorry again, :rolleyes:

Good luck, :)

I really hope the fashion modifications don't cause problems. Like others on this site, I cringe when the fundemental controls like steering, brakes etc get "modified" with aftermarket items by someone who is primarily interested in appearance, but may lack the experiance or budget to execute the mods properly (with testing and all).

It is altogether the owner's perogative for changes that affect the performance or appearence (in the eye of the beholder", etc. But modifications "go over the line" when the car "goes over the center line" because of changes to the controls. This would include LCD screens for entertainment in the steering wheel and other such "Driver Distractions".

There is a place for these cars. Its called a Circus - so make allowances for really big shoes and a bright, baggy outfit when you are in the center ring.

Sorry for the last time - if I PO'ed a potential fashion design guru in the making...

My 3-cents tho.

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

>"There is a place for these cars.  Its called a Circus - so  make allowances for really big shoes and a bright, baggy outfit when you are in the center ring.'< 

:lol::lol: Priceless :lol::lol:

That about says it all,TDK..

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Probably a bit on the harsh side.... and again maybe not. I've driven a couple cars with metal pedals and I can say that that there is an accident waiting to happen. Those buggers are slippery enough when dry but you better hope it never rains where you drive. My foot kept sliding off the pedals. Talk about scary. I can understand why some of the boys are being tough on him and their arguments are obvious.

As far as the way metal pedals look, in my opinion, well it's kind of like painting the oil pan..... no one ever sees it so why spend the money and time in a venture that could also endanger your well being as well as other motorists(?).

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

It's like cleaning the engine. Nobody ever sees my engine but me. But you what -- that's more than enough reason for me to keep it spotless. Do we know exactly what kind of pedals he wanted to install? They do make the stainless metal ones with rubber inserts...which are probably some degree safer than the plain metal ones. Some cars do come from the factory with the stainless pedals with drilled holes in them, so they've got to be safe to some degree.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived