CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

p076 and wiring question,,,,

acklac7

Went to start my car up after she had been sitting for a couple weeks....Started up fine but threw the check engine light...and p076 came up...cant seem to find a whole lot of information on it....Also I replaced my solenoidsm but the tranny still didnt work...I have been out of town most of the summer so I have not really had alot of time to correct the problem...here is the post....

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...=15entry19855

...If the I did kink the wiring on the tranny harness what what wiring should I use to re-wire..and where would I find it? I will hopefully get to it within the next couple days...thanks guys...acklac

A.J.

wow....knocked back to the 3rd page in less than 24hours....man this is a busy place.....lol...anyone remember the old board?...its amazing how this site has grown...

A.J.

I guess its good....in a way, It must be awesome to have witnessed it from the beginning huh Larry?....Anyone have any ideas on the wiring used for the tranny?....I am going to drop the pan tomorrow and take a look.....hopefully it is just a short in the wiring.

A.J.

wow....knocked back to the 3rd page in less than 24hours....man this is a busy place.....lol...anyone remember the old board?...its amazing how this site has grown...

the growth ... welll ... uhhh ... it used to be mostly real day to day problems and their solutions from people who will get their hands dirty in the process (and the bonus of the occasional help from a northstar engineer ... (big bonus in my opinion)). Lately seems to be a lot more questions about how to install speakers 'cause the stock bose isn't "good enough", or I got a chrome gas pedal and don't know how to install ... omg ...

I want this forum to be about how to keep my well engineered automobile running to the best of its capacity and design.

For instance:

When my transmission went into limp home mode I got the procedure to replace the shift solenoids here and I fixed the tranny. Never would have atempted otherwise.

HVAC fan stopped working .. I searched a little and found the reason and the options. Since then I fixed it.

Ever replace your wheel hub bearing assy's or the whole drive axle ... guess how I figured out how to do it? I replaced both assy's and both drive axles over the past year.

My cd player will not accept any cd that I put into it ... well, I know what to do because of this forum.

I could not afford to keep this car (95 etc 140k) without the help of the people who have posted their valuable help and information here. I have tried to contribute as well.

Well, all are welcome and we will do our best to help, but it seems that perhaps we need a sub-forum for the questions that are about topics that are 'out of scope' of the car as designed. I saw a caddy suv last month with wheels that keep turning when the car stopped at a red light. Wow, I was so unimpressed knowing the cost. If someone has problems installing such abominations .... I don't know ... is this the place???

My etc is an engineering tour-de-force. I want to keep it that way, ok maybe a little freer intake/exhaust, or things of that nature to add a few hp's, but being an old fart, I really don't need crazy thumping speakers, not interested in making it into a low rider (there are publications and forums for that), just want to know why it doesn't start right away (fpr), or what I need to replace the water pump, or what tools are needed to do a wheel hub bearing assy ..

Is a forum for non stock modifications needed? ... maybe its already there ... i just don't know cause I always go directly here!

(easy for me to suggest ... not being moderator (and not going to be :o ))

ok, end of rant ... I really have appreciated the help from many regulars and leaned invaluable lessons from posters such as Guru. I hope that he will not cease to find this forum interesting due to questions increasingly off the topic of the Northstar system that many of us depend on.

the growth ... welll ... uhhh ... it used to be mostly real day to day problems and their solutions from people who will get their hands dirty in the process (and the bonus of the occasional help from a northstar engineer ... (big bonus in my opinion)). Lately seems to be a lot more questions about how to install speakers 'cause the stock bose isn't "good enough", or I got a chrome gas pedal and don't know how to install ... omg ...

I want this forum to be about how to keep my well engineered automobile running to the best of its capacity and design.

A very good point. I've noticed more "garbage" being posted as well. Perhaps a Modification category should be added to the board. Any topic not relating to stock gets posted there hmmm.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived