CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

SRX disapointment

phat albert

i just recently talked my parents into buying the cadillac srx,told about the power of the V8,told them how it has more power than my eldo,they got exited thinking it would be fatser than mine, so we went down to the dealer and took a test drive on the one with the northstar, it sucked, it was so much slower than it should have been, we took the V6 out for a drive right after and the V6 went about the same it actually felt like the 6 had more off the line. what the heck was that all about? both were the all wheel drive so they had the same running gear. the only thing that was different is that the 6 had 6000 kilometers on it the 8 only had about 1000 could it be that the 8 was just too fresh? even though my eldo would kik *smurf* all over that and it is supposed to have 20 more horsepower. are the new sts and dts as gutless ? or is the srx just a overweight pig?

Yeah, As I was reading it, I was thinking to myself "NEW, what about the break in period", but you covered that! :D I drove one too when they first came out, cannot say that I was too impressed either... Yeah it's heavier, but the added horsepower should make up for that... THANK GOD FOR THE TEST DRIVE!

Sorry to disagree with you fellas, but my folks bought one (V-8, Red Line) in May and I have been pretty impressed with how it runs. Keep in mind, it is a bit over 4400 lbs., so it is a heavy vehicle.

I have a 99 Concours with the 300hp NS, and the SRX IS faster. The all wheel drive and the extra weight over my car make the SRX "seem" slower than it really is. I, for one have driven it many times and it definitely will get out of its own way. It may not live up to the quickness of an STS, but then again you are comparing apples to oranges.

Just my 2 cents.

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

The newer the vehicle, the slower it feels I think. More isolation from the road and the engine remove you from the "experience". The '04 Deville I rented certainly moves faster than you think it does. You just can't hear the engine to know it. :(

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

i relize that the new cars are more isolated from the road and all but the feeling you get in the seat of your pants just was not there at all. like i said the 6 cylinder felt more than the 8

how long does it take for the engine to be broken in to its full perormance?

Brad

Sorry to disagree with you fellas, but my folks bought one (V-8, Red Line) in May and I have been pretty impressed with how it runs. Keep in mind, it is a bit over 4400 lbs., so it is a heavy vehicle.

Are you sure you it wasn't a Saturn Vue that your folks got? There is no redline or V-series SRX out yet. There is however, a Redline Saturn Vue SUV. Laws of physics would dictate that a heavier, less aerodynamic SUV would be slower than a lighter, sleeker car, so that would probably explain the feeling of "sluggishness" to someone who is used to driving a car.

If you have the need for something that can carry more people and stuff, like a minivan or SUV, then you can't really go wrong with the SRX. It's relatively powerful for what it is, and has a look that won't be mistaken for anything else on the road.

i relize that the new cars are more isolated from the road and all but the feeling you get in the seat of your pants just was not there at all.

I know -- there is more to seat of the pants than simply seat of the pants. A lot goes into how "fast" a car feels, including how much of the road you feel, how much you can hear the engine rev up. Run it along side your Eldorado and I'm sure you'll find it's as fast or faster. They're supposed to do mid-to-upper 6 second 0-60 times I think. That's about even with a Northstar FWD Cadillac. Unless there's something wrong with that particular vehicle (it is broken in by 1000 miles), I think you need to actually time it or run it with your Eldorado to be sure.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Are you sure you it wasn't a Saturn Vue that your folks got? There is no redline or V-series SRX out yet. There is however, a Redline Saturn Vue SUV.

Dan -

Redline is the color of their V-8 SRX. Didn't mean to add confusion to the topic.

-Brad

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Archived