CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1993 Sedan Deville F11 Code

I have searched and searched for for an explanation of the F11 code error. I have done everything, cleared the codes, and reprogrammed the computer. I know what the code reads "A/C High Side Temp" but I can't find any literature to a solution. I don't need a list of all the codes and clearing the codes doesn't work. I just need a simple answer guiding me on the service of the problem. For example, "What causes this error?" and "Do I need to replace something?". If you need any further information: 4.9 V8 FWD 112,000 miles and I had the R-12 to R-134 conversion several years ago by the dealership. I also changed the orifice tube, cleared the codes and ran diagnostics again and still F11 shows up. I love my car and I have been a proud only owner of my Cadillac, please help.

I have searched and searched for for an explanation of the F11 code error. I have done everything, cleared the codes, and reprogrammed the computer. I know what the code reads "A/C High Side Temp" but I can't find any literature to a solution. I don't need a list of all the codes and clearing the codes doesn't work. I just need a simple answer guiding me on the service of the problem. For example, "What causes this error?" and "Do I need to replace something?". If you need any further information: 4.9 V8 FWD 112,000 miles and I had the R-12 to R-134 conversion several years ago by the dealership. I also changed the orifice tube, cleared the codes and ran diagnostics again and still F11 shows up. I love my car and I have been a proud only owner of my Cadillac, please help.

There is a high side temperature sensor and a low side temperature sensor. The high side sensor will be in the high pressure line before the orifice tube. Check to see if it is plugged in.

It could be the sensor is defective and needs to be changed. That will require recovery of the refrigerant to R&R the sensor.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived