CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

IPC backprobe question

shenKing

Hi,

I am trying to do a diagnostic system check and one of the procedure calls for checking the volatges at cavities A1, A2 and C14 of the IPC connectors backprobe.

I'd appreciate it if someone can point out where the backprobe is and how to access it.

Thanks,

ShenKing

The whole top of the dash comes off. You have to pop out each vent, remove the hidden screw. Then remove the defroster vent. I think there are 3 screws there. Then remove the upper dash section.

post-3-1093785666.gif

Thanks Logan, Your help is much appreciated. All this time I was looking for a connector near the steering column.

The reason why I want to do this check is because I was replacing the parking break pedal and while I was putting in the new pedal I saw something spark at the connectors near the pedal. When I turned the car back on, the antilock break and service engine soon warning came on the display with all other messages gone. Climate control and power windows all dead. The car starts still.

How serious is this?

Thanks,

ShenKing

You are right on, Logan and thanks so much. This is another example of how useful this board is.

As I mentioned earlier, I check all the fuses in the engine compartment and at the trunk, but what I did not check were the maxi fuses under the plastic cover. It made so much sense when I looked at the schematics for maxi fuse LH6 and related to all the components that were dead (window, blower, ABS, clusters etc that were all dead).

This morning I took a look at the LH maxifuse 6 and lo and behold, it was blown. I put a new one and my caddy is happy again.

I wonder what the Dealer diagnosis would be??

Kudos to Logan!

Archived