CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadilla Seville STS V8 1999

Hi. Hopefully someone can help me please. I am thinking of buying a Cadillac Seville STS V8 1999. Apparently the rev counter is not working and this has caused the engine management light to come on and stay on. Before this happened the rev counter was flying everywhere, causing erratic running. Is it a reasonably easy fix for a mechanic and do you have any idea how much roughly it may cost. Thanks very much any help would be appreciated.

....I am thinking of buying a Cadillac Seville STS V8 1999. Apparently the rev counter is not working and this has caused the engine management light to come on and stay on. Before this happened the rev counter was flying everywhere, causing erratic running.

If the seller will not agree to have the problem repaired, I would say walk away.

Make that run away.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Last winter my tach became intermittent(works one day and not the other) then all of a sudden quit, no codes,nocheck engine, no irregular performance just a dead tach, don't know whether to asses the situation(extract cluster)or live with it or try another. The local bone yard wants $200!!???!!??

look1-1-1.jpg

Archived