CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2004 CTS error message..need some advice

i am currently incurring an issue with my cadillac and seeking advice. I began hearing a lound whirring sounds upon start up two days ago, the sound seems to muffle down when i apply the air conditioning but it does remain noticeable. Engine light has become activated exactly at the time of this problem. Ive driven approx 100 miles since this occurred and tonight while in neutral waiting for a light the car shook and an error message appearred on the dash stating something along the lines of 'battery assist activated'. Shortly after i stopped for gas, shut off the engine and was unable to start it again. I have full battery power and hear a click or two clicks but no engine start. Any advice appreciated.

INfo:

2004 Cadillac CTS

3.2 litre 6 cylinder

mileage: 132200 (85% highway)

thanks in advance =)

post-14933-127935433956_thumb.jpg

I would guess the accessory belt has broken, and so the alternator is no longer charging the battery, and the battery has drained. Have you looked under the hood to see if anything is visibly broken, and with the engine off, if the accessory belt is in place and in good condition?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I would guess the accessory belt has broken, and so the alternator is no longer charging the battery, and the battery has drained. Have you looked under the hood to see if anything is visibly broken, and with the engine off, if the accessory belt is in place and in good condition?

Just looked and the belts and they are intact. Trying to jump start the car fails, it just clicks and turns the belts slightly then stops. Charging the battery now to eliminate that as a problem.

Archived