CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Boston suspension

The kit I got from Boston Suspesion works great but now I am getting a Service Suspension message because the left front position sensor is faulty. As I no longer require this sensor or the other three on the wheels I went to the Caddy dealer today and asked them to please suppress the Service Suspension message which they said they could do. Unfortunately however and after a hour of trying they said it can't be done on the 1998 STS and that at this point in time the procedures to suppress the message only work on model years up to and including 1995.

Is this true or does one of you out there in the Cadillac Universe know how to deal with this problem.

Thanks

Paul

PS The Gabriel passive shocks and Monroe adjustable Air Max shocks which I received from Boston along with their resistors work reallly well and did in fact not only give me a much improved ride and better handling but all also did away with the Service Suspension message until the left ront position sensor failed.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone have an update on whether GM has released instructions on how to override the service suspension message on the DIC for STS years 1996 and beyond?

This is in relation to movint to passive struts and shocks

Do you still have your old strut, shocks with you? If you still have them, then:

unplug the sensors from them, this is done by removing rubber cap from them and then unscrew them. After that connect them to their positions in the vehicle and tie them or wrap them firm to your shock or any where, and connect them.

The service suspension message will disapear.

Do you still have your old strut, shocks with you? If you still have them, then:

unplug the sensors from them, this is done by removing rubber cap from them and then unscrew them. After that connect them to their positions in the vehicle and tie them or wrap them firm to your shock or any where, and connect them.

The service suspension message will disappear.

Just to clarify, the position sensors have nothing to do with the struts.

The struts have a completely different circuit than the position sensors.

In a '94 the position sensors can be bypassed by using a small electronic circuit. I developed this circuit, and have bypassed both of my failed front position sensors.

I have made this circuit available to others on this site.

I have not had any feedback from anyone to know if it fixed their problem.

I believe the '94 - '97 use the same position sensors/circuit.

I have no information on the '98 and newer circuits to know if this bypass circuit will work.

I can provide you with a schematic of the circuit if you want.

Barry

2008 STS V8
2016 Colorado Z71
1970 Corvette LT-1 Coupe

Has anyone replaced their elec suspenion on a 92-95 Eldorado. I'm in the process of collecting all the components to replace mine on my '94 Eldorado. The front end is starting to rattle a little louder these days. I've been checking out the Arnott and Boston setups. I know I should go ahead and do all the front end bushings as well. The work will be done by myself, so that'll save me a bundle.

Hopefully someone has had great sucess on thier eldo. thanks in advance.

-al-

Archived