CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Suspension Anomily

CadiKing

Hello everyone,

I have been reading your site for the last month, excellent discussions. I bought a '99 STS with 45,k miles. Absolutely LOVE IT! :D I have a two fold question.

When turning right at low speed, I get a slight 'tug' in the steering wheel. I do not notice it on left turns. It feels like a four wheel drive truck in low-lock on dry pavement, however, very slight. (As is it is crabcrawling.) Secondly, when I hit uneven pavement or low speed bumps, I feel a slight wobble in the steering wheel, and maybe a knock, as if something is loose in the suspension. Any help would be appreciated. Keep up the good work. thank you...

• 2 weeks later...

Have a look at my new post "Front end rattle epilog). That tug could be similar to the darting feeling I had in the front end over seams in the pavement. Kinda had a funny feeling in the steering in the same situation you discribe. After the last vist to the dealer, it seems it is gone.

Rick

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Rickster, do you know if the steering shaft on the 98+ cars is similar to the shaft on the 97- cars? Perhaps this is some of the looseness I am feeling as well. I don't recall there being a TSB about it though...not for '97. :(

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Jason. I would'nt have a clue. All I know is the current problem is fixed for now. Like I mentoned before, the difference is like having a new car. I had a lot of help from the experts on this board (thank you) with my front end problems. Many of the replies were about the intermidate steering shaft TSB. The dealer chose to do this last which was fine by me bacause I did get a whole bunch of new parts free.

Rick

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Archived