CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Codes P0201 P0204 P0206 P0207

KY-Ron

I know this is a fuel injection problem. I checked the fuses and they are good. The car idles rough and runs bad. No power at all. Where do I start to check this problem?? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I bet it runs rough.

You have lost the power to the injector circuit #1. The injectors affected are #1 #4 #6 #7.

They all use the same fuse. Check the fuses in the underhood fuse box.

Is this the only problem? If not, you may have lost the fuseable link to the fuse block.

Sudden problem?

I would check to see if there really is 12 volts at the fuse block. No volts something happened to the fuseable link.

Next would be inspect the injector wire harness for a break somewhere. I would also look at the injector harness connection.

Its possible that a injector has gone bad...and is messing up the injector circuits.

If the 12 volts are there, if the harness is ok, and the injectors are ok. The only thing left would be the PCM quad driver is gone.

See...the injectors should always have 12v +....at all times. Its the PCM that provides the pulsed width ground circuit.

post-3-1093309695.gif

Heres the service diagnostics....

Circuit Description

This PCM contains a General F.E.T. (Field Effect Transistor) Driver (GFD) that controls the eight fuel injector drivers. The GFD contains circuitry that is used to determine if there is a problem with any of the fuel injector circuits. The GFD has a fault line for each injector. The fault line goes high when an open, short to ground, or short to voltage is noticed in an injector circuit. DTC P0201 is set when the fault line for injector #1 is high.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

Test Conditions

DTCs P0560 and P1376 not set.

Ignition voltage between 10 and 16 volts.

Failure Condition

An injector circuit fault is detected for 0.5 second.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

The faulty injector is disabled for the engine run cycle.

PCM disables Closed Loop operation.

The PCM will illuminate the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) when the diagnostic runs and fails.

The PCM will record operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. This information will be stored in the Freeze Frame and Failure Records.

Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC

The PCM will turn the MIL OFF after three consecutive drive trips that the diagnostic runs and does not fail.

A Last Test Failed (current) DTC will clear when the diagnostic runs and does not fail.

A History DTC will clear after forty consecutive warm-up cycles with no failures of any emission related diagnostic test.

Use a scan tool to clear DTCs.

Interrupting PCM battery voltage may or may not clear DTCs. This practice is not recommended. Refer to Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes in PCM Description and Operation.

Test Description

Number(s) below refer to the step number(s) on the Diagnostic Table.

If DTCs P0204, P0206 and P0207 are also set, power must be disabled to injectors 1, 4, 6 and 7.

If DTC P0201 is not current, drive vehicle until DTC resets. This will bring the injectors to the temperature at which the DTC set.

Checking to see if injector #1 is receiving voltage. If not, the fault must be in the injector 1, 4, 6, 7 ignition feed circuit between the splice and injector #1.

Checking for a shorted injector. Resistance should be between 8 to 25 ohms.

Checking for an open fuel injector. Resistance should be between 8 to 25 ohms.

Went out and checked fuses again. Pulled the 2 injector fuses cleaned and dropped one in grass. Could not find. Went to store and bought some new fuses, inserted 2 new ones for injectors. Low and behold it runs find now. Even though the fuses looked OK apparently one was blown. Lesson learned, Check fuses with condinuity checker.

Thanks to all who responded, This happen all of a sudden and could not image what could cause have the injectors to just stop.

Again thanks.

Archived