CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

LH Cornering lamp

DFBonnett

'93 Eldo 4.9

RH cornering lamp works fine. LH turn signal OK. LH cornering lamp inoperative. Bulb OK. Swapped out bulb. NG. Test light indicates no power to socket. Went as far back into harness as I could and found no power. Is there a fuse for just this? I have the FSM and don't find such a reference. Any direction would be most appreciated.

TIA

DFB

I have the exact same problem, and I'm pretty sure it is in the stalk as oldalbert suggests. I'm just living with it, at least I have turn signals! :rolleyes: One odd thing with mine is that when I make RH lane changes and signal to the right (just holding the stalk over slightly), when I release it the LH cornering lamp will come on sometimes! :blink: Sometimes it is just a quick flash, and sometimes it stays on till I jiggle the turn signal lever a little... :unsure:

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Many thanks for the fast replies.

The stalk operation feels the same whether left or right. Jiggling or wiggling the stalk while in or near the left turn position has no effect on the cornering lamp.

As long as the signals work it is not a big issue but it is always nice to have everything working.

Found the problem! On this nice, bright , sunny day I looked again in the areas where I had unwrapped the wiring harness and peeled it back just a bit further. The orange wire, which is the power wire to the cornering lamp, had a very slight scuff on it but was not split or broken. One side of the scuff had continuity, the other side did not. I slit the wire longitudinally and found a complete break. I soldered in a splice, used shrink tube on it, retaped the harness, and now have a functioning cornering lamp. This car was hit a bit on the drivers side by the original lessee and repaired. I'm guessing the harness got pinched and the inoperative cornering lamp was never noticed. I've had the car since '97 and only noticed it the other day.

Archived