CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

On The Road Again

phillydude

Taking the STS for another drive down to Florida tomorrow... nothing like 16 hours or so behind the wheel (straight through) to make you appreciate what a wonderful automobile it is... even comfortable enough to pull over to a rest area and get an hour or two of shut-eye without even leaving the drivers seat.

I'll post a report when I return... carry on without me while I'm gone.

Yeah, I just came back from a small 6 hour run to Columbus, OH and the ride there and back was smooth as silk. All the power I needed right at my feet, can't wait till the next trip.

Be good and have fun B)

Peace ByStorm

Have a safe trip. Park the MINI somewhere where it will be safe too.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back... happy and rested and suntanned. Now if I can only shake this urge to start drinking at 10am... for some reason, the boss frowns on that type of behavior.

The STS was perfect, as always. Since I installed the big speaker box in the trunk, I had a little less luggage space, but I managed to fit everything in nonetheless. It was quite tight on the way back with souvenirs and such (why does dirty laundry take up more space than clean laundry?) but hell, the kids are small enough that they don't much leg room beneath the rear seats.

Only glitch was about two hours from home, when a CD got jammed in the deck. Had to pry it loose with another disc (using it as a "tweezer" to grab the one stuck in there), and after that I got no response from the CD player at all... it just wouldn't take the disc. Got home, turned the car off, started it again, and the disc motor whirred like it was resetting and it's been fine since.

Oh yeah... the drain plug popped off the cooler in the back seat on the way down and flooded the floor mat and carpet behind the drivers seat. It's dry now though... thanks to the Florida sun and several pool towels from the resort.

Averaged 20 miles per gallon on premium over 2600 miles for $240 in gas money.

Hehe... my 99 is full of weird glitches.. I find that simply turning the car off and restarting it fixes 99% of the glitches. for instance my gas lid wouldn't open i was getting mad and I rememberd, just turn it off and start it again and it worked lol. one time the sunroof wouldn't work , had to turn off and on a few times for that. then radio would do weird stuff, windows, random error messages, windshield wipers coming on randomly , stuff like that that seemed to just fix itself and go away lol.. :)

Archived