CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Drivers Lumbar not working

STS Scott

The Drivers seat lumbar has decided to take a rest...just not a permanent one I hope!

Any ideas on how to get it back into working order?

How long do lumbar units usually last? Could it be an electrical problem, or are they just prone to breaking after so many years?

Thanks for any feedback!

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

I have some free time today, so I am going to investigate the unknown... I figure I'll remove the seat (a few bolts and wire connections?) and poke around under there. I really do not know what to look for, but maybe I will et lucky and find a loose wire.

If need be, could I replace the lumbar motor myself?

If anyone has and knowledge of this topic, I would greatly appreciate you to share it!

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

I'll be following this thread carefully. The only thing that keeps my money pit in the driveway is the lumbar adjustment on the drivers seat. Because of a compression/burst fracture of L3 after a roof dive, this adjustment is mandatory for me. I've yet to find another vehicle as good in that respect.

Had a similar problem a few years ago, and was able to order (I think from Calif) the part I needed to fix the air compressor. What happened was the very small pump diaphram had burst. I had to order a certain dollar amount to get the part, but figured I would be needing some more of them so I got extra. Still cheaper than buying the whole unit from Cadillac dealer. I think I still might have the address if your interested. ranebeen@aol.com

The guys on the Corvette forum have had success making new diaphrams from household rubber gloves.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived