CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

93 sts codes and engine prob

dickdingo

I have a 93 cad sts 4.6 and it was cutting out while driving. It wouldn't die completely but the gas pedal woudl not work and then it would kick back in and work. I took it to a cadillac dealership and they said that it was too old to get good computer readings on it. :angry: They told me that it was either the Ignition control module or the crank and cam sensors, but felt assured that it was teh ignition control module. I replaced it$$$$ and it didn't take care of it and neither did the sensors. I took it too my general mechanic and he plugged it up and it said map sensor so I replaced it and that took care of that problem but now I am getting a code 47 and 107 together and I was wondering what that was? I know it says IPC, but I was wondering if the combo means something else? Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

PO47 and P107 are the same code. Its PCM / IPC data link problem. Do you have the service manual?

I don't have the service manual as it was a second hand buy. What exactly does this mean? I have replaced the PCM earlier in the winter to cure another problem. Putting the new map sensor in cured the latest problem and now this error comes up. Thanks for any help

Archived