CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1971 Cadillac shop manual

caz1986

Hi fellow Cadillac enthusiasts.

Is there anyone who can help me out, i need the '71 Cadillac shop manual it would be great if it was on pdf or something. I'm working on my Eldorado fron 1971 but i don't have a manual so it's a bit difficult, i live in Denmark so it would take forever to get it shipped from the states.

So if anyone has a pdf version that you could e-mail me, that would be greatly apreciatet.

Thanks

Casper

Unless someone has been putting old shop manuals on PDF, your best bet would be to get one on eBay. I did a search on "Cadillac manual 1971" and turned up this one:

It seems to be a complete set so it should cover your model and options. The price is $64 USD. They will ship to Denmark for $42.50 USD, via "USPS Priority Mail International Medium Flat Rate BoxTM" which should get there in a few days.

A couple of hints: Fill in your make and model in your profile so that your questions can be focused. In 1971, Cadillac sold five models, all with the 472 cid (7.7 liter) engine except the Eldorado, which had the 500 cid (8.2 liter) engine.

My only information on that model is from the Cadillac History page,

Your English is obviously excellent. But, this web site offers Norwegian translations through Google Translate should you want or need that.

Getting this manual in PDF would require that it be unbound and the individual pages put in a feeder in a scanning machine. This would destroy the original manuals, leaving it as a stack of unbound pages. Selling the resulting PDF files would require that copyright issues be addressed. It would be cheaper and faster to get the used manuals through eBay.

Helm, Inc. offers factory-authorized manuals for Honda, Ford, GM, and others, including some quite old. I did a quick check and they seem to go back to 1972 for Cadillac. They offer a body repair manual for the Eldorado for only $20. If you want to contact them about a new one, that's your best bet for a new 1971 manual set or a PDF of the manuals on CD. They probably won't email you a file, though. Their web site is here:

Good luck, and keep us posted here on your progress. Pictures would be great.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I for one would very much like to see pictures of your 1971 Cadillac, even a dirty old car you got off a lot or out of a barn somewhere before you have a chance to clean it up, or apart in a garage. If you care to post pictures of your 1971 Cadillac, you can upload them to a free album service like Photobucket, which will generate code that you use in a post here to show us the pictures.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived