CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

AM/FM/Cassette/CD/RDS Radio Problem

My 1999 Cadillac DeVille Concours has a factory installed top-line radio with AM/FM plus Cassette player, CD player and RDS Radio. AM is fine, I can obtain all I want. FM I cannot get and RDS does not operate. The CD player runs for a minute or so and ejects the CD, no matter which CD I use and they all work on my players inside the house. Has anyone had similar problems and can anyone give me some hints on how to make this wonderful radio work? I'd rather not spend hundreds of dollars getting things fixed at a Cadillac dealer if there's something simple I can do to fix it.

• 3 weeks later...

My 1999 Cadillac DeVille Concours has a factory installed top-line radio with AM/FM plus Cassette player, CD player and RDS Radio. AM is fine, I can obtain all I want. FM I cannot get and RDS does not operate. The CD player runs for a minute or so and ejects the CD, no matter which CD I use and they all work on my players inside the house. Has anyone had similar problems and can anyone give me some hints on how to make this wonderful radio work? I'd rather not spend hundreds of dollars getting things fixed at a Cadillac dealer if there's something simple I can do to fix it.

Make sure you have a good car battery. My 1999 radio started acting funny and the battery was bad.

Sounds like there is a problem with the CD mechanism inside the radio itself. Find out where your dealer sends radios for repair - there is likely a Delco Electronics service center near you. Remove the radio from the car and have them look at it.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived