CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

07 Escalade Transponder key

I just bought a 07 Escalade esv. Dealer missed placed the original caddy key. Had GM make a new key which is a chevy no biggy.They found the original and they sent it to me. But now it dosen't work. I read that it will need programmed. I have yet to find out on here how to program the key. Could anyone help me out with this issue?

Thanks in advanced.

Samw

I just bought a 07 Escalade esv. Dealer missed placed the original caddy key. Had GM make a new key which is a chevy no biggy.They found the original and they sent it to me. But now it dosen't work. I read that it will need programmed. I have yet to find out on here how to program the key. Could anyone help me out with this issue?

Thanks in advanced.

Samw

Here is the info that I found and it works.......

With a previously learned master key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF. Turn OFF the ignition and remove the key. Within 10 seconds insert the key to be learned. Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF. The vehicle has now learned the new key."

Thanks in advanced.

Samw

Here is the info that I found and it works.......

With a previously learned master key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF. Turn OFF the ignition and remove the key. Within 10 seconds insert the key to be learned. Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF. The vehicle has now learned the new key."

Very good info.

Thank you for posting it.

:D

Posted Image

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Saw this post and was curious if this method will program both keys to be alike (aka, Driver 1/2)? I have same thing, dealer only had 1 key (driver 1) and got another with new FOB and both are programmed to driver 1. I want wife with her key (driver 1) and me with driver 2. Anyone have any ideas or do I need to contact dealer?

Thanks

Archived