CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Key a Car, go to Jail for 25 years

Man who keyed neighbor's car could face 25 years under California's 'three-strikes' law

May 28, 2010 | 8:37 am

Last October, John Patrick Rogers allegedly keyed his neighbor's car in Huntington Beach.

If convicted of the alleged crime, Rogers could face 25 years to life if an Orange County Superior Court judge decides to count it as his third strike, officials say.

Rogers, 45, is expected to be charged with felony vandalism for causing more than $400 in damage, which could be his third strike under California's "three-strikes" law.

Read More: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/05/man-who-keyed-neighbors-car-could-face-25-years-under-californias-three-strikes-law.html

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

While I think people like Rogers are scum, I don't think he should be given a sentence of 25 years in prison. Give him a $10,000 fine and 60 days in jail and make him pay for all costs of fixing his handy-work.

I agree. On the other hand, if you KNOW you have already been convicted of 2 felonies and you can't resist committing a third felony, something is not going well with your rehabilitation.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

True. It looks like Rogers hasn't learned, which is why I figure 10 grand as a fine. Chances are if someone like Rogers is fined a measly $500 or even $1,000, it won't do much. But $10,000 would likely get his attention, plus some jail time. Though I might be willing to knock the fines down a grand if he agrees to a waterboarding session. ;)

Archived