CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

My new ride! Which wheels you think...

epricedright

Hi, I'm new to this forum, what a big help it's been! Thank you all for all the post that have helped me immensely!

I just purchased this caddy ('94 met. green on black Deville 4.9l w/ 75K- 1 owner & got it for a song BTW!) This is my 1st caddy and I love it! :D Just got done detailing it inside & out including the motor (big car) :o

I wanted to get everyone's input as to which wheels you think would look good on it? I want to keep the car classy looking and not pimp it out. Should I keep the current wheels or which wheels you think? Any other ideas to improve my new baby would be appreciated? Thinking about tinting the windows. Here's some pics. I'm new at this...hope the pics come through ok. Thanks again!

aCadillac1994SedanDeVILLEpurchased8-01-0

Ahhh I love the older sedan devilles, especially the late 60's :) 18" rims would look awesome, but don't get anything overly flashy, just something very simple and 'nice' looking.. even painted would look good, maybe a simple 5 point or 6 point rim with some good tires....... the ones that caddilac supplies with them are just.. i dunno.. they never look right to me (on the older ones)

Wonderful car! Congratulations! You have got great taste! 4.9 L is a very solid motor.

got it for a song BTW

BTW, what did you sing? :D

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

to get an idea of what it may look like with the new deville rims, here is a pic of a 91 sedan I had 2002 17" dts wheels on. I think it would look hot.

random%20pics%20from%20wkend%20007_RJ.JP

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

Mint looking ride!!

I agree with the new Deville rims, they would look really nice,

and definetly tint the windows.

Enjoy

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Thank you all!

What words should I use to do a search on ebay for the new Deville rims? Also what years did they make those for? Would those 17" tires upset the ride, speedometer, computer at all? Would the lower profile tire make up for difference in revolutions, given the bigger rims? I guess if I go with a bigger wheel, I'll have to take up Costco's no Q's asked satisfaction guarantee and return the 2 new rears. Costco told me they couldn't sell me tires and install them that aren't factory spec.

Search for "cadillac wheels" and you will see most of them. 1987-2004 wheels should all be the same, just make sure it is for a FWD car. If you get 17" wheels, you will need to have a smaller sidewall, say a 55 series instead of a 60. I would not use Costco, go to a tire shop, Goodyear if possible. Most of them have the Hunter 9700 for the wheel balancer.

I am using 18" rims on my 95 Deville Concours with 235/55/18 size tires. Your car will have more clearance becasue you do not have fender skirts like mine. Good luck with the wheel search, I found 5 spoke to look the best.

Take a side shot of your car perpindicular to it so it's dead on and I can transpose easily any other rims you want onto it so you can see what they look like provided you have a picture of them.. If you want to check it out let me know

Sure as long as you get a good side shot and the pics of the wheels on ebay are side shots I can do it no problem....... I mean I could do it even at angles but it takes a lot more work to change the perspective and skew/shear of the wheels to match the angle of the photos and lighting so if you can get dead on pics it's WAY easier..

How do you guys think that set would look on her? Be honest. And is that crazy to spend that kind of money on a set of wheels & tires? :unsure: My wife actually liked them and didn't balk too hard at the price...I was shocked...she said they matched my watch :lol::lol:

Take that side picture and get me one of the rims and I'll show you what it will look like. Nobody can tell just by looking at the rim and your car unless you've done cars for a long time.. I can tell you what *I* think would look good on the car but it might not suit you :)

Archived