CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Traction Disabled... I032

Afternoon everyone, I'm a newbie here but have picked up some great tips from you all so far. Have a 95 Eldorado, Only current code I get is I032. The dash also diplsys "Traction Disabled". I have read as much as I can find one the subjects, but usually others have another code with the I032, The recomendations are to fix the other code and I032 should go away. Am at a loss. Really like the car. This is the first caddy I have ever had this code with. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks! Geo

If that's the only code you have, then the connector to the BCM or one of the wheel sensors is probably loose or dirty, or there is a problem with the wiring between the BCM and the DIM. In other words, check the wiring.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

If that's the only code you have, then the connector to the BCM or one of the wheel sensors is probably loose or dirty, or there is a problem with the wiring between the BCM and the DIM. In other words, check the wiring.

Thanks Jim, I'll start rechecking the wiring again. I've even pulled the IPC to check wiring in there,as recommended in other posts. I don't know where the DIM is even located on this car. But I'll find it. I'm bound and determined to get codes all cleared on this one too.

DIM is the Dashboard Integration Module. That's where the main computer is that reads the codes. Follow the OBD connector under the dashboard; it goes to the DIM.

Since the traction control isn't working, one would think that this lind wouldn't do it, but I'm thinking that if the DIM doesn't get the data from the PZM or BCM about the TCS, it will disable it through the network. In any case, the DIM is what turns on the warning lights.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived