CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blower Motor Replacement help

cincityrob

I just started having intermintent problems with my blower motor on my 97 deville concours (118k) - comes on goes off at will. I think it is diying on me like alot of other things have on this car. Any help on replacement would be appreciated. I hear you need to drop the motor a bit to remove. Is that really necessary? Dropped a sub frame once on a beemer don't want to do it again on my back in my garage. I guess my question is can this be done with out droping the motor - if so how - if not I'm taking mine to the dealer. thx

On my '95 etc, it would not have been posible to remove and replace the blower with the engine in place. I tried, but went the 'cut though the housing' route. It was fine, and i sealed it with aluminum 'duct' tape and has been perfectly fine. No noise, seal holds, etc ...

The alternative is that you can drop the engine a little and do it, there is a procedure in the archives here, just search a bit.

:D Thanks for the help. Replaced my blower motor tonight on my 97 concours- Without lowering the engine. Bought a new one at the dealer (250.00 - they gave me a discount - I buy alot of parts there list was 335.00) Any way followed the advice given - removed the support bar, the coil packs, module and wires and tucked the wiring harness below cam cover. Removed the 3 bolts from deflector then put 2 back in to remove the blower. Came right out with some twisting putting the flat side towards the cam cover. New one took some manipulation but went right in. The new blower has been redesigned with a foil heat sheild so it does look different. Thanks for the great advise. This site is the best saved me lots of money and time. This was easy!

Archived